Sugar Free Banana Oatmeal Muffins
We love to enjoy these mini muffins (recipe can be used for minis or for regular size muffins) for a quick, healthy snack while we are on the go. One of my kids' favorite snacks! The fact that there is no sugar gives me piece of mind, I do add a few chocolate chips for a fun treat at times, however!
Yields 12 muffins, or 24-26 Mini Muffins
· 2 Ripe Bananas
· 1 cup milk
· 1/4 cup oil
· 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
· 2 large eggs (lightly beaten)
· 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
· 1 teaspoon baking powder
· 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
· 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
· 1/4 teaspoon salt
· 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
· 1/4 cup pure maple syrup (Optional)
· 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips (Optional)
*If you opt to add the optional ingredients, this is no longer a sugar-free recipe, but the sugar is still kept to a minimal amount
1. Mash Bananas in a large bowl and add milk, oil, beaten eggs, vanilla, oil and maple syrup (if including);
2. Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda in a separate bowl;
3. Add the cinnamon and the oats to the flour mixture;
4. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the large bowl where the mashed bananas, milk, oil, vanilla, and eggs are waiting.
5. Stir in the chocolate chips (if including);
7. Bake at 350 F for 18-22 minutes. The muffins are done when a toothpick pulls away dry crumbs only when inserted and removed from the center of a muffin.
8. Cool and enjoy!