Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
Yields 12 muffins or 24-26 Mini Muffins
Are they muffins, or are they delicious, healthy cupcake treats?! Your kids will never know the difference with this easy recipe.
It is a great and tasty way to use up the abundance of zucchini that you have harvested from your garden this year.
· 1/2 cup unsalted butter
· 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
· 2 large eggs
· 1 tsp vanilla extract
· 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
· 1/3 cup natural cocoa powder
· 3/4 tsp salt
· 1/2 tsp baking powder
· 1/2 tsp baking soda
· 2 cups shredded zucchini
· 1/2 cup chocolate chips
1. Cream the butter and sugar in a large bowl;
2. Add the eggs and vanilla and stir until incorporated;
3. Whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder, baking soda in a medium bowl. Add to the butter mixture and stir until well combined. It will be very thick;
4. Stir in the shredded zucchini and chocolate chips;
5. Spoon the batter into a muffin pan (silicone is recommended) that has been lined with parchment muffin liners;
6. Bake at 350 F for 18-22 minutes. When a toothpick pulls out only dry (not wet) crumbs, they are done.
7. Let cool and enjoy!