Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
Yields 12 muffins or 24-26 Mini Muffins
Are they muffins, or are they delicious, healthy cupcake treats?! Your kids will never know the difference with this easy recipe.
It is a great and tasty way to use up the abundance of zucchini that you have harvested from your garden this year.
This is one of many easy and family friendly recipes that you can feel good about serving your kids. Check out another favorite: SUGAR FREE Cake Pops.
· 1/2 cup unsalted butter
· 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
· 2 large eggs
· 1 tsp vanilla extract
· 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
· 1/3 cup natural cocoa powder
· 3/4 tsp salt
· 1/2 tsp baking powder
· 1/2 tsp baking soda
· 2 cups shredded zucchini
· 1/2 cup chocolate chips
1. Cream the butter and sugar in a large bowl;
2. Add the eggs and vanilla and stir until incorporated;
3. Whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder, baking soda in a medium bowl. Add to the butter mixture and stir until well combined. It will be very thick;
4. Stir in the shredded zucchini and chocolate chips;
5. Spoon the batter into a muffin pan (silicone is recommended) that has been lined with parchment muffin liners;
6. Bake at 350 F for 18-22 minutes. When a toothpick pulls out only dry (not wet) crumbs, they are done.
7. Let cool and enjoy!